I saw this fun quiz a few weeks ago on Paige’s blog and LOVED it. I love hearing what other runners like the best because it can introduce me to new products or things to try! SO, I thought I would share my Running Tips with you.
1. FUEL Running Tips: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Any Other?
I am a BIG fan of chews. I like the Gu Chomps and recently have become addicted to the Honey Stinger cherry chews. They taste like fruit snacks, are made from good ingredients, and get the job done. I can’t handle gels no matter how hard I try to. The consistency is terrible to me and I can’t choke it down.
2. Race Length: 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or any Other?
I am undecided on this one. I wrote about short vs. long runs awhile back. I feel like for actual racing, the shorter distances are my best. I love the feeling of accomplishment I have after completing a half though … otherwise I wouldn’t be going back for my 4th.
Half Marathon #3 is DONE
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants, or Which you like?
Definitely a shorts boy. I am not a huge fan of there being much on my legs when I race and I tend to get hot. With the colder temps though I have switched to capris and will likely stay in them until the spring. They are a compromise of sorts I guess 🙂
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or not or Other?
When I run I stick to water. During a race I will drink Gatorade/Powerade if it’s offered every couple of water stations but I don’t train with it. Before and after long runs or races though I do hydrate with nuun. I love me some nuun. Particularly the strawberry lemonade or grape flavors. YUM.
5. Running tips temperatures: HOT or COLD which you like?
Umm neither? I prefer temperatures in the 60’s haha. I seriously suffer during hot running though and my runs tend to be terrible so if I had to choose I would say cold. I can layer it up for cold and eventually I warm up anyway.
6. Running tips Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics, or any Other?
I am currently, and have been for the last year or so, running Brooks Adrenalines and absolutely love them. I have raced my last 2 half-marathons in them and trained the entire time in them. They make my feet feel great and I love to Run Happy 🙂
7. Pre-Race Meal: Oatmeal. Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or any Other one?
I stick with a Rudi’s whole wheat English muffin with flax or toast covered in peanut butter and chia seeds and a banana on the sides. I also tend to have a cup of coffee. I think You Like Running Tips.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or regularly or Other?
I tend to rest 1-2 days per week depending on my schedule. I run 3-4 times a week and cross-train with weights, yoga, and the elliptical on the other days. I also tend to do “active rest” on my off days in the form of walking the dogs and Emmalyne.
9. Music: You have to have it or you have to go without it?
If I am running by myself I HAVE to have music. If I am running with friends or Chris I don’t listen to it. Interesting enough, I didn’t listen to music on either of my last 2 half-marathons even though I was running alone.
10. #1 reason for running tips: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes or Sweets you want, weight-loss, love running for Health, social reasons or other?
I just LOVE to run. I take it as ME time. I sort through things going on in my life, make plans for the coming weeks, etc. I also love running because I can do it with Emmalyne. I hope one day she loves to run (or be active) as much as I do. Chris and I make it a family affair which makes running tips that much more fun. I also do it for the cupcakes. DUH.